The Bathroom Door's Revenge  /12

 

Others have spoken of river's

timeless flow, of waterfalls

pounding the center of the

Earth to sand, or the glory of a

thunderstorm after it has reduced

the wash job on the their favorite car

to mud.

 

But I must marvel instead

at PISS; passing through on

the way from liver back to a

sterile and salty past, or washing

up a bar from Gall to test

the organisms most sensitive nerve

as it lays in wait for its opposite

to turn out of,

 

Cascading through regularity

over the spillway of what is enough

of what we had thought would

be ours for the taking.

 

Does the thunderstorm surprise? Does

the heaving tumble of Niagara in

any way remind man of his honeymoon

with the diaper? Does the River

never sleep?

 

But piss is more of a

response than a question, like

some nervous passing to a slower

pulse, reminding us to

liquidate the urge and to pour

ourselves daily with feeling.

 

And what of that life and death

struggle between man's two best

friends: the dog and the car tire?


12. 



Comments

  1. That photo is the old outhouse at Jumpoff Lookout, perched on the east end of Divide Ridge. It's now gone, the product of numerous winters and harsh winds. I just got a note today that the Forest Service has as new, blank lookout register that I'm going to install this summer, after the road opens up a bit. I suppose the old register will end up at the Ranger Station? Surprising that it's. now filled with the names of visitors.

    Parts of the old lookout remain or hide, as opportunity reminds us. The old Jumpoff sign is apparently stored in some warehouse at one of the Work centers but I'm hoping to make a new one to install up there with the "elevation 5745 feet" note. I also made a new, historically accurate insulated stool for Jumpoff, but if I take it up it will probably disappear, so until we get a program there, it will remain in my studio. If you want to see it I'll add it to my fb page or my old blog or somewhere/ mh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog