Token For Venus  /36

 

     While the ticking of it turns there is

     but reason for the separation of each

     moment,, and as momentum in

     the cleavage of each we bend

     against this steady rhythm of dying

     or sleeping like a clock: wound each

     evening for hands to turn and faces

     to say what they may

     of this day lost in time.

 

     We are running down,,, yes, but not

     with the rhyme of a lost globe's

     spinning or laying hands on an

     instant in Space as with Death.  This

     day has gone on forever and as such

     will my love last and my bones decay,

     as you are those moments and the

     numerals of my rotation by which

     I am read for.  To stop but once and

     never turn again would leave us

     bound to the center of all that moves..

 

     Bound or free I am with you, centered

     or spiraling I am within the

     galaxy of your creation. Now this

     once love lives and lasts.

 

 

36.

 



Comments

  1. Goat Rocks seen from near Darland Mt. looking North West. There is a photo in Gilbert Cellers tasting room of generally the same view, black and white. Jerry Johnson and I climbed Gilbert Peak, the highest point in Yakima County in January of the 70s. I couldn't keep my crampons glued to my buffalo logging boots so screwed #8 X1/2 sheet metal screws in the heels as a fastener and it worked fine. Somewhere in the introduction of this missile is a photo Jerry took of me coaxing a t-pot to boil on the south shoulder of Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog