Wordless Flavored Drink  /33

 

Open it with care, she is your

blood drawn into you and

held by the neck

of the bottle before it is poured.

Later, you will find time

for questions but just now

its easier to talk

than listen.

 

The words pour from the wound in

slow patches, clotting the very pavement

on which you turn,, filling the holes.

 

Finally, the wind arrives with its

unsteady voice, clouding the unreported

weather with the uncertainty of the human

mind: first it speaks and then must

build from those words

their meaning with it's own hands.

 

Is it not enough that you and I

agree?  Here, on this spot we turn

separate ways, fold down those

pages, ask once more for the time,

that it may be something more than words. 

Words any one person owns,

or cares to own.

 

 

 33. 

 


 

Comments

  1. Teapots: Over the years I've made somewhere between 50 and 100 t-pots and though I can't remember where any individual t-pot went, they must be out there somewhere in some kitchen, known to the owner. T-pots don't sell well, they take about three or four times the work that a cup or bowl takes so the price is a bit "dear". However, what I like about making a ceramic t-pot is that you get to do a lot of different things on any t pot: handle, spout, lid, good use, so on and so on. And, I like a t-pot short and stout: Here is my handle, Here is my spout, tip me up and pour me out,,, a good image for these poems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog